POSITION TITLE: Phlebotomist/Lab Technician
REPORTS TO: Clinic Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Clinic Lab Technician is primarily responsible for the BINM teaching clinic’s operations in the area of the medical laboratory to support several functions: lab test processing and shipping, student orientation and training, inventory monitoring and lab result tracking.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Medical Laboratory Assistant Certification required
- 1 year working experience in a laboratory is required
- Highly organized, strong work ethic, commitment to performance delivery on time and on budget, creativity and initiative are a must
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills required
- Intermediate computer skills required
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality are a must
- The successful applicant must pass a criminal record check.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Supervise students performing blood draws
- Complete sign-offs for students
- Review and log lab results
- Maintain lab inventory, including ordering supplies for clinic
- Maintain general tidiness of lab
- Keep clinic rooms stocked
- Participate in operational meetings.
- Other duties as required
- Participate as a constructive member of BINM’s clinic administration team to achieve the stated mission and goals of the department and Institute.
- Communicate in a positive, regular and timely manner with your supervisor in regard to all matters concerning personal performance in the context of this job description and fulfillment of goals and objectives.
- Carry out all projects and duties as assigned on a timely basis.
- Maintain confidentiality of all matters entrusted to this position.
The successful candidate must be available for evening shifts and Saturday shifts.
This is a 30 hour a week position. Benefits include extended health benefits and paid time off.
Salary is $22/hour. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.